Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, June 13, 2011

Rosemary

Here's my rosemary patch. Last year I had a couple of plants in my herb garden outside the trailer. Rosemary doesn't over winter here, but with the plastic over my herb garden it almost made it! The rosemary was still green up until that last bout of cold that we had in March. :( 

I'm going to try it again. This spot is on the south side of a brick house. I'm going to bury it in straw and put plastic over it. It just might work.


I'm not counting on it though. I'm going to keep a bunch of it inside over the winter.  I bought several plants because it sells well, but I put one in a pot so I can have some starts next year. Once the stem gets long enough, you can bury it under some soil. The stem under the soil will put down roots as well. I will be able to divide this pot into many separate plants next year.


This is the rosemary I brought home from my mom's house in California last year. She has a whole hedge of the stuff in front of her house. I'm so jealous! This rosemary is a little bit different from the plants that I bought. The leaves are slightly thinner, but it still has that great rosemary aroma. Next year I'll take starts from this plant and put them outside too, but for right now, I'm trying to get a good potful.


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: