Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, April 14, 2013

Citrus Planters

This picture looks fuzzy. That's because it is. I saw an idea on the internet to use grapefruit rinds to start plants in. Since Grampa Tom has been eating some of the grapefruit we brought home from my parent's house in California, so I thought I'd give it a try. 


They molded. May be I shouldn't have put the plastic wrap over them. I almost threw them out, but  I thought I saw a little green  so I waited a day. Maybe I will be able to salvage them, I planted purple cone flower and calendula in them. I'm allergic to mold so hopefully they will dry out enough to kill the stuff before it really gets to me :) If not they will  make good compost!



God Bless You All!


~Grama Sue


No comments: