Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, February 2, 2013

6 Days of Creation

God created man in His image. Did you know that every one of us is creative? I used to think I wasn't very creative because I couldn't draw or sing, but that is just plain wrong. The way I  read it, God spent 6 days creating and then spent the 7th reviewing all that He had made. . So, on Saturday's I post some of the things that I created the previous week.

Here goes:

Sunday - Grampa Tom and I were fussing. We don't do that as much as we used to. One of the things we've learned in the past 34 years is that when you get into a fight, you need to touch - and not the way your feelings tell you to touch :) - be nice, hold hands, hug, give a peck on the cheek. Some how doing that creates peace. I didn't create this alone. Grampa helped. 

Monday - The kids and I created bubbles! I know, bubbles ... inside ... in January? But it was fun!

Tuesday - I made toothpaste. In case you missed the post look here.

Wednesday - I just love it when you can see a light bulb go on in a little one's head. I was babysitting my 2 y/o grandson. He kept taking things away from the 3 y/o so I was correcting him. He'd get his feelings hurt and go crying, "Mommy, Mommy!" I finally started faking crying and screaming, "Mommy, Mommy!" He thought that was really weird and I said to him, "My mommy isn't here is she?  So, it's pretty silly for me to cry for mommy isn't it?" LIGHT BULB! He started listening to me a little more after that :)

Thursday - It was so cold!!! I needed to do something constructive with all the heat we were using so I decided to make brownies. I found a recipe that called for honey instead of sugar, but the dough seemed really dry for brownies. The kid liked them though. Anyone have some good recipes made with honey instead of sugar?

Friday - Still cold so I was still looking for ways to double duty the heat. Made an absolutely delish potato, ham and broccoli soup! Grampa Tom raved over it. I'll post about it next week. 

What have you created this week? 


No comments: