Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Favorites

One of the websites that I use practically every day is The Blue Letter Bible. When I first became a Christian, it was difficult to have access to multiple translations, commentaries and the meanings of  Greek and Hebrew words.


I had a small collection at one time. I've given most of them away and those I have left, I hardly ever crack open anymore because of the internet and Blue Letter Bible. I have access to all these and so much more. This site, along with others, has given me, a country girl in the boonies, the tools to research and create a translation of the Bible in which the meanings of the names are embedded in the text of the scriptures. It's a work in progress. I'm only in Exodus, but I'm publishing it as I go in my What's in a Name Bible.

Surprised? I am! I grew up with Hee-Haw and Green Acres. Farmer's aren't supposed to have an intellectual side unless they have a fancy degree and moved from the city :)

Right now I'm doing the story of the plagues. The typical English translation quotes God as saying that "He" hardens Pharaoh's heart. However, when I look at the original language, I get a different sense. Pharaoh had a false sense of his own importance and hardened his heart against God. God merely predicted it. I am translating it that way. Check it out. Do you think I am wrong? And if I am why?

Do you have a favorite Bible site?



God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue




No comments: