Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Apple Butter Secret


Been re-canning all my apple butter. 

For the last 30 years, I've been making apple butter following my mother-in-love's recipe - Make applesauce by cooking down apples, putting them through a colander and then sweetening to taste. Then put the applesauce back on the heat, simmer it down to about half the volume, add cinnamon to taste, then can in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.

This fall, my friend Peggy gave me a jar of her apple butter. My apple butter is good, but her's was just heaven! I asked what she put in it. The difference? Orange Zest! Since I already had all my apple butter canned and the markets were pretty much over, I decided I would wait till it was cold and redo any apple butter that I had left. Yum!

I'll have it at the markets next spring!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue



No comments: