Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, January 20, 2013

Priorities

What do you do on a 50 degree day in January? Scoop poop of course! 


Well, that's what Grampa Tom does anyway. Long ago, I memorized Proverbs 14:4. The version I had at the time said, "An empty  barn is easy to clean, but there is no profit in it." Don't know what version that was, because I've never seen it translated just that way again, but it really stuck with me. I tell my kids and other people all the time that if you've got lots of poop to scoop, you've either neglected it for a long time or there's lots of profit coming :)

I love the division of labor on this farm! My priority was to plant a January salad bed :)


I mixed together several different kinds of lettuce seed and some chard seed.


Worked up the old sand box that I made into a garden many years ago and raked the seed around.



Then I covered it with plastic!


Back when I first moved over here, I had an elderly friend who would always tell me, "Sue, get out there on that first January thaw and plant some lettuce. It might come up and it might not. But if it does you will be mighty happy!" 

What do you do on a 50 degree day in January?


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue



No comments: