Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, January 14, 2013

Start!

There comes a time when you have to quit hem-hawing around and just do it.

When I was a little girl, I fell in love with reading and wanted to be a writer myself. Then I got into typing class. The teacher felt sorry for me, She gave me a D so that I could graduate from high school. Since typing ability was a must for anyone wanting to write professionally, I sadly put that dream away.

Then came computers! I was still slow, but gallons of white out on every page were no longer a stumbling block and I slowly regained hope. Since then, I've dabbled here and there, but never really took the plunge. Writing (for me) takes tons of time and there were kids to raise and bills to pay.

There are still kids to raise and bills to pay, but hey, I'm 54. I had told my hubby that someday when I wasn't the assessor, I was going to become a professional blogger. I'm still assessing, but I've already got all the drive-by photo shooting done for this year and in the 2 1/2 months since my old farmer went to Heaven, I've only had a handful of days when I've worked in eldercare.

One of my favorite preachers is always talking about how you need cows.Cows are different from jobs. Jobs take all day long every day to bring home that paycheck.  Cows take a lot of investment up front, but eventually they produce income on a regular basis with only a small amount of time and effort on the farmer's part every day. She says to ask God for cows that you can develop. Blogging and the books God has given me to write that are still in my heart are some of the cows I need to work on.

 It's time. I've been putting it off for fear someone will hire me full-time and I won't have time to write again, but the desire to write keeps growing by leaps and bounds. What if? What if? What if? What if no one ever hires me again and I've never developed my cows. It's time.

Not only that, but I got this really comfy chair right after Christmas! It deserves to be used for a great purpose!


So expect to be hearing a lot more from me ... and do me a favor will you? Please share my blog with all your friends! I'll be talking about gardens, livestock, alternative medicine, my floor plan blog, cooking, creativity, God, great blogs and websites and more!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue




No comments: