Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Monday, January 21, 2013

Thieves Essential Oil


Several months ago, when I went to my daughter's house, I found the most heavenly smelling soap in her bathroom. And it had the most interesting name! I had to know where she go it from. She told me she had signed up with a company called Young Living. The Thieves® brand was created by Young Living based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. They claimed wearing their blend of perfume protected them against the plague. The Thieves® formula was studied at Weber State University in 1997. The studies showed the antibacterial effectiveness of this blend against airborne microorganisms to have a 99.6 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria. 

Interesting huh? So when I signed up as a Young Living distributor, it was one of the first things that I ordered. This month I got the essential oil itself.




It has so many interesting uses! If you google it, several sites have lists of 100 or more medicinal and household cleaning uses. It is even more effective against mold than bleach! 

I used one drop on my toothbrush the other day and WOW! I don't think my mouth has ever felt that clean ... and the feeling lasted for hours! 

Then Friday morning I woke up with a horrible sinus headache. I knew it was coming, I had a cold earlier in the week and blew my nose to hard One of the uses I had found was to put a drop on the roof of your mouth every few hours for headache. I decided to try it. By afternoon I could hear that crackling that comes when the thing finally starts breaking up, and before I went to bed that thing was beat! It usually takes a couple of weeks of saline spray to conquer a sinus infection! Next time I have a cold, I'm going to use it right away. Maybe it will help with that too. 

One of the stranger uses I read about was putting a drop one each big toe before bed to help with vision. My eyes used to be sharper than sharp. I could see things most people didn't even realize were there.When I was in my late 20s, I even read a small print Bible 5 times by the light of a 4 watt night light. But when I turned 47, I suddenly started having problems switching focus from near to far. Now I have to wear reading glasses almost all every time I try to read something. I think I'll try the drop on the big toe thing for a while and see what happens. Can't hurt! I'll let you know if it works :)

If you are interested in essential oils or have questions about them, please leave me a comment! I'm really just learning about all of this, but I know people who know a whole lot more, so we can get educated together!

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue

No comments: