Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, March 2, 2013

6 Days of Creation

God created man in His image. Every one of us is creative. I used to think I wasn't very creative because I couldn't draw or sing, but that is just plain wrong. The way I  read it, God spent 6 days creating and then spent the 7th reviewing all that He had made. . So, on Saturday's I post some of the things that I created the previous week.

Here goes:

Sunday I spent most of the day working on a floor plan. It's a pretty amazing house if I do say so myself! It only has 1903 square feet of living space but the 3 bedrooms are all tucked far enough from the main family areas that they ought to be quiet retreats. I really value a quiet bedroom! Check it out here

Monday morning I flipped on my computer and went in to finish up Exodus 12 on my What's In a Name Bible translation and every word was marked misspelled except for 4 "I AM LORD Yehovah". There was something wrong with my spell check. Not sure what, I got to fiddling around with some settings and it corrected itself, but I thought it was pretty cool to wake up to that reminder!  OK, so I didn't create that one, but when God trumps you with the most awesome creation of the day, I think He needs to take center stage!

Tuesday I decided to try my hand at making a gourd birdhouse. There are some things that I will do differently next time, but it is turning out kinda cool. I'll blog about it soon.

Wednesday I got to page 23 in my book about homeschooling called Almost Unschooling Grama. I posted a little bit from the section on record keeping that I was writing on Thursday. If you missed it, click here. Hope I can get it done before garden time! I've got tons of new gardens to create!

Thursday I had all kinds of fun creating a new floor plan. This one is about 2500 square foot. It is another inter-generational  plan with a processing room between the mud room and the kitchen where you can process fresh meat, veggies and eggs for storage. It also has a walk-in cooler and freezer. It's the latest post on my Floor Plan Play Land blog.

And on Friday, I created another big pot of chili. I have 45 quarts of chili put up now. I've only got one more gallon of tomatoes left in the freezer. I watched Alton Brown make a tomato sauce the other day. I think I'll try something like that with the rest of my tomatoes. You know it's going to be "something like that" because I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly. Besides, he started with canned tomatoes, mine will be frozen. :)P

That's it for this week! I'm going to spend the weekend helping my mother and father in-love celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary!


God Bless You All!


~Grama Sue






No comments: