Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Favorites

The title Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers speaks to my heart. I've always been rather weird and unsocialized, even when I went to public school. When I started homeschooling my own kids, I became even more so. My children were called weird and unsocialized because they were family oriented instead of peer oriented. They had the courage to stand up against things they didn't believe in and were more mature than their peers. In fact, studies of adults who were homeschooled show just how weird they are. They are much more likely to: be business owners, involved in volunteer activities and serve in local government positions than adults that were educated in regular schools. They also have more self-esteem, are happier and just generally more content with their lives. I'm glad my kids weren't socialized by their peers! The label is true and I am proud of it!

The writer of this blog is a woman after my own heart. Her homeschooling style is very similar to mine and she always has lots of good ideas on her blog and FaceBook page. You can connect with Kris's blog by going to http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/  From there you can link with her in a variety of ways. Check her out!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: