Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Aloe

Aloe! Aloe! Aloe! My plants are going crazy! These mommas are so prolific!


I've got several little ones already in cups to sell, but there are so many more.


Last fall, I went to a lot of yard sales looking for interesting containers to put them in. I found a bunch of blue and green antique canning jars. Pretty soon, I'll get them out, pull a bunch of the babies that are in the pots and put them in my antique canning jars. I don't have the room to spread them out yet.


Every home needs an aloe plant somewhere near the kitchen. If you get a burn, just pull a leaf off the bottom of the plant, slit it open and rub it on the burn. It really helps!

At the markets, a lot of people tell me they can't keep an aloe alive. They are a little finicky. I've found that if I water just a little bit every few days they do fine. Don't really soak them and let them get just a little bit dry before you water them again, but don't leave them for long periods of time without water. 


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue





No comments: