Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rosemary

This is one of the rosemary plants I have growing in my house this winter. It is getting rather rough looking like all my sun loving herbs do at this time of the year. Yes that is straw you are seeing in the foreground. Last summer when it was so hot and dry, I put some straw around it so it wouldn't dry out so fast. It was so tangled in there that I just left it when I brought it in. When I re-pot it this spring. The wide green leaves are from the lemon grass that is sitting beside it.


This plant actually comes from a start from my mom's rosemary hedge. I didn't know that rosemary could grow into a hedge until she moved to her current house in the southern California. Since I happen to be here as I write this, here's a picture!


This is my other rosemary. I got the start of this plant from Farm and Home a few years ago. It was planted in the ground outside last summer. I dug up a little bit of it last fall and brought it in. It has some really nice long branches on it. When I plant the it in the ground I won't separate them right away. I will spread them out as much as possible and bury them under some dirt with just a few leaves above the ground. After a few weeks, each  of them will grow enough roots that I can separate them into lots of different plants


Rosemary is a wonderful smelling herb that is great with meats. I put a little in the crock pot with my roasts and chicken. It's smell has been proven to improve memory and cognitive function too! I need that! Check out the study at the International Journal of Neroscience.


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue






No comments: