Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lemon Grass

I'm out on the road today. Haven't done much creative this week. Just sitting in the pick up truck enjoying God's creation! Thought I'd show you my lemon grass. I use this stuff in my tea all the time. It's a tropical type plant so I have to dig it up and bring it in every year. That's OK though, it grows better indoors than my lemon balm. I use it for tea all winter long.


Lemon grass is used a lot in Asian cooking. Like most herbs, it has all kinds of health benefits. It is loaded with anti-oxidants so it's good for colds and chronic diseases that involve inflammation. A while back, the big news channels were reporting that in Israel, it is used in cancer treatments. Apparently people who drink lots of lemon grass tea along with the conventional treatments like chemo and radiation experience greater tumor reductions than those who use the conventional treatments alone. 

I have several little pots started from seed too. I have a hard time selling the cut grass, but maybe people would be interested in the plants. We'll see.

God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue


No comments: