Locations

You can find Grama Sue's Rainbow Eggs at:

The Hy Vee on Agency in Burlington, IA


Markets:

Wednesday - Friday 9am to 1pm at the farm 1/2 mi east of the Nauvoo-Colusa Jr. High then 3/4 mile North on 1050.

Wednesday 3-7 pm at the Painted Corners on HWY 96 in Lomax, IL

Saturday:

7 - 11 am Keokuk Farmer's Market at the mall





Sunday, March 10, 2013

Off to Cali-forn-i-a!

We're off to Cali-for-ni-a! No, we didn't hit black gold. My folks live out there. They are downsizing and my dad want's to give my construction loving kid his tool collection. My kid lives on the east coast, so the kin folk elected us to go get them and bring them to Nauvoo until he comes to visit again :) It will be fun. Mom and Dad are moving back to Iowa, so who knows when we will have another chance to get to Borrego Springs!

We are hoping to score some citrus for the markets while we are out there. Mom doesn't sound to hopeful about that though. She says the drought took a heavy toll on the citrus trees out there. Wonder if mom's gigantic rosemary hedge will need to be trimmed? That would be cool. Rosemary is one thing that goes pretty fast at the markets.  




In the mean time, this is one of my strays (heart child), Shanda and her daughter. Shanda has called me Mom forever and her daughter is my granddaughter. Shanda will be manning the farm while we are gone. She and her husband will be house sitting for us and taking care of the critters. No, Shanda isn't sick. She is supporting someone she loves who has to keep their hair shaved for medical reasons. At least that's her excuse. I think she just likes her hair short ;)

If you need eggs, give me a call. I'll call Shanda and have her get them together for you!


God Bless You All!

~Grama Sue






No comments: